In this section are indicated only the meetings of the steering commitee of the CA.
Many other meetings/workshops and conferences have been organised by the CA for the research and synthesis work and they are described in the newsrom session or under the research section for specific projects.
The 10-person CA Steering Committee (SC) drawn from CG Centers, FAO, NGOs and Water Ministries is engaged in structuring the CA, including the development of research questions, outputs and activities. The SC is supported by the Gender and Diversity Program of the CGIAR. Members of the Steering Committee of the Comprehensive Assessment are: David Molden, IWMI; Mark Rosegrant, IFPRI; Patrick Dugan WorldFish; Theib Oweis, ICARDA; Suhas Wani, ICRISAT; Bas Bouman IRRI; Johan Rockstrom Stockholm Environment Institute (formerly from IHE/UNESCO); Jean-Marc Faures, FAO; Gina Castillo, Novib-Oxfam - Netherlands; and Eiman Karar, South African Department of Water Affairs.
The Steering Commitee met twice a year at the beginning of the projects and once a year since 2005. These meetings were organised around key international water events.
- Meeting 2: October 2002, Hanoi, Vietnam (Dialogue on Water, food and the environment, international conference)
- Meeting 3: March 2003, Kyoto, Japan (World water Forum III)
- Meeting 4: November 2003, Nairobi Kenya (Baseline conference of the challenge program on water for food)
- Meeting 5: March 2004, Colombo, sri Lanka hosted at IWMI.
- Meeting 6: August 2004, Stockolm, Sweden (Stockolm Water week 2004)
- Meeting 7: April 2005, Aleppo, Syria hosted at ICARDA (series of Ca workshops)
- Meeting 8: January 2006, Rome, Italy hosted at FAO (series of CA workshops)