World Water & Climate Atlas
The IWMI World Water and Climate Atlas gives irrigation and agricultural planners rapid access to accurate data on climate and moisture availability for agriculture.
The Atlas includes monthly and annual summaries for precipitation, temperature, humidity, hours of sunshine, evaporation estimates, wind speed, total number of days with and without rainfall, days without frost and Penman-Montieth reference evapotranspiration rates.
The core of the Atlas is data assembled from weather stations around the world for the period 1961-1990. Data can be extracted in summary, manipulated using the Atlas software, or exported in a standardized format for use in other applications. Users can also include their own local data for a more detailed picture of a particular area.
- identifying areas suitable for rainfed agriculture
- determining how much irrigation is needed in relation to what the climate provides
- providing inputs for hydrological modeling of river basins
- extracting climate inputs for crop modeling
For more information on the Atlas follow the links to the left.
- Sri Lanka Water Resources Information System
- Water Data Portal
- Water & Climate Atlas
- Drought Monitoring System
- Models & Software
- Mobile Apps