- Dirty water, dirty crops?
Reducing risks in urban vegetable production.
Crop irrigation with polluted water has caused a bit of a stink with policymakers and the public.
- DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUES
The CGIAR Development Dialogues 2014 aim to focus international attention on the vital role of agriculture, livestock, fisheries, landscapes and food systems in achieving sustainable development.
- On the lookout for drought
South Asia to get early-warning system.
- Disaster response: Maps show extent of Kashmir flood crisis
IWMI has released a series of maps showing the extent of the catastrophic flooding in Kashmir.
- Bangladesh can avert a groundwater crisis by not producing too much rice
Bangladesh will need to be much more efficient in using water to avoid putting pressure on groundwater resources.
- The power of water: Four propositions and a resolution
Stockholm, September 4th - IWMI's Director General, Jeremy Bird presents "The power of water - Four propositions and a resolution " during the Stockholm Water Prize Seminar at World Water…
- IWMI helps improve livelihoods of resettled community in Mullaitivu
IWMI partners IOM (International Organization for Migration) to provide water resource for rehabilitated Ponnagar community in the North Central province.
- World Water Week 2014
Join IWMI and it's partners at World Water Week 2014 for a book launch, seminars and workshops as we present our latest research.
- Water demand projections off, need more local insight
New report says Pre-1990 global water demand projections dramatically over-estimated demand, while more recent models are underestimating water use.
- AllAfrica.com: WRC Rallies Stakeholders for Efficient, Sustainable Water Use
The Water Resources Commission (WRC) has held a day’s media training workshop for media personnel in the Upper East Region of Ghana on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM). The Public…
- Techpageone.dell.com: How technology aids farmers, gardeners
From commercial farms to local community gardens, innovative technologies in farming are revolutionizing the way food is grown. Groundwater and freshwater from rivers are used to produce food and other…
- IWMI to give pellet-making equipment to Kurunegala MC
KMC to be a model plant under the Pilisaru Project
IWMI will provide pellet-making equipment to the Kurunegala Municipal Council (KMC) as part of its efforts to produce compost…