- Disaster response: Maps show extent of Kashmir flood crisis
IWMI has released a series of maps showing the extent of the catastrophic flooding in Kashmir.
- Bangladesh can avert a groundwater crisis by not producing too much rice
Bangladesh will need to be much more efficient in using water to avoid putting pressure on groundwater resources.
- The power of water: Four propositions and a resolution
Stockholm, September 4th - IWMI's Director General, Jeremy Bird presents "The power of water - Four propositions and a resolution " during the Stockholm Water Prize Seminar at World Water…
- IWMI helps improve livelihoods of resettled community in Mullaitivu
IWMI partners IOM (International Organization for Migration) to provide water resource for rehabilitated Ponnagar community in the North Central province.
- World Water Week 2014
Join IWMI and it's partners at World Water Week 2014 for a book launch, seminars and workshops as we present our latest research.
- Water demand projections off, need more local insight
New report says Pre-1990 global water demand projections dramatically over-estimated demand, while more recent models are underestimating water use.
- AllAfrica.com: WRC Rallies Stakeholders for Efficient, Sustainable Water Use
The Water Resources Commission (WRC) has held a day’s media training workshop for media personnel in the Upper East Region of Ghana on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM). The Public…
- Techpageone.dell.com: How technology aids farmers, gardeners
From commercial farms to local community gardens, innovative technologies in farming are revolutionizing the way food is grown. Groundwater and freshwater from rivers are used to produce food and other…
- IWMI to give pellet-making equipment to Kurunegala MC
KMC to be a model plant under the Pilisaru Project
IWMI will provide pellet-making equipment to the Kurunegala Municipal Council (KMC) as part of its efforts to produce compost…
- Salvation for the saturated?
IWMI-led team launches a guide for the perplexed
- Are more women farmers a good thing in Tajikistan?
Despite the coping strategies, challenges remain.
- Is groundwater hiding a deadly secret in Sri Lanka’s paddy lands?
A mystery killer is striking thousands of farming families in Sri Lanka’s North Central Province. Insidious as it is deadly, the clues to its identity may flow in the groundwater…