- Co-composting: New take on traditional technology for better soils and sanitation
A recently published paper proposes co-composting as a relevant option for enhancing waste management in developing countries.
- Future proofing the Tana Basin
Smart planning can ensure a sustainable future for Kenya’s longest river.
- International Day for Biological Diversity 2016
Mainstreaming Biodiversity: Sustaining People and their Livelihoods
- Anthro.ox.ac.uk: Agrarian change, climate stress and shifting class relations in the Nepal-Bihar borderlands
Dr Fraser Sugden is a Kathmandu-based social scientist at the International Water Management Institute. He has been conducting in-depth rural research on agrarian issues in the Eastern Gangetic Plains of…
- IWMI responds to floods in Sri Lanka
New flood assessment bulletin and flood maps available.
- Learning to live with the devil tree
Invasive species in Tamil Nadu threatens irrigation but could be a valuable resource.
- Managing water for food security and economic development in Nepal
High level policy dialogue organized by IWMI.
- IWMI at the IWC8 Conference held in Sri Lanka
The event convened representatives from over 80 countries to tackle some of the most pressing water issues on the planet.
- Sri Lankan President visits IWMI project site
Hon. Maithripala Sirisena studies options for recycling waste into fertilizer.
- Press Release: World’s First Solar Irrigation Cooperative Receives Award
Chief Minister of Gujarat, Smt Anandiben Patel awarded a certificate of appreciation to the Dhundi Saur Urja Utpadak Sahakari Mandali (DSUUSM).
- IWMI hosts launch workshop of the project on ‘Open-source mobile weather stations’
IWMI organized a workshop to bring a community of professionals who have been using mobile weather stations for managing natural disasters.
- Managing the monsoon
Holes in the ground can protect crops from flooding, so why don’t more Indian farmers use them?