- Is groundwater hiding a deadly secret in Sri Lanka’s paddy lands?
A mystery killer is striking thousands of farming families in Sri Lanka’s North Central Province. Insidious as it is deadly, the clues to its identity may flow in the groundwater…
- Of PIM and pirates
Can community run reservoirs deliver?
- Jagran.com: Ganga – Crisis in the life of the lifeline
Dainik Jagran, the largest Hindi language daily newspaper in India, published an op-ed by Dr Bharat Sharma, first in a three part series on Ganga.
- TheEconomicTimes: India faces severe water crisis: Solve major disputes, clean rivers on priority
The Economic Times, largest English business daily in India published an article titled ‘India faces severe water crisis’ which quotes Dr Bharat Sharma.
- Models under the spotlight
Is it time to break the mold?
Modeling river basins is so fashionable it seems that everyone wants in.
- Keeping track of liquid assets
‘Water Accounting Plus’ helps policymakers go with the flow
- IWMI-India and ICAR renew their collaboration
IWMI-India and Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) signed a Memorandum of Agreement for scientific and technical cooperation by collaboration in research and training for the coming two years.
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
To mark the UN’s World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought here’s a photo essay from Uzbekistan where the loss of the Aral Sea is affecting local climates and livelihoods.
- IWMI interviewed on World Day to Combat Desertification by SBS Australia’s Sinhala program
Today is the World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD). The theme is ecosystem-based adaptation. IWMI’s Water Resources Engineer Nishadi Eriyagama spoke to SBS Radio, Australia, on the link between drought,…
- Thehindu.com: Cleaning the Ganga, step by step
Traversing over 2,500 km, from the Gangotri glacier in the Himalayas to the Sunderbans delta in Bangladesh, the Ganga is used by hundreds of millions of people.
- IWMI provides the Disaster Management Centre with flood information for relief efforts
by Renuka Jeya Raj The onset of the Southwest monsoon brought incessant rains that lashed the Southwest part of Sri Lanka during the first two days of this month. Although…
- Global wastewater database
New data pool will boost global assessment and monitoring of wastewater and its fate.