- IWMI Annual Report 2014
Our latest annual report is published as an online version as well as a downloadable summary.
- Groundwater access in Nepal
Under rural feudalism in Nepal, tenants are getting the short end of the stick.
- NationalGeographic.com: Solar Electricity Buybacks May Reduce Groundwater Depletion in India
It’s hard to find solutions that confront water depletion, climate change and rural poverty all at once, but an innovative scheme being piloted in the Indian state of Gujarat does…
- Ananda College wins IWMI World Environment Day gold trophy
The IWMI - hosted ‘Water and the Environment’ junior quiz took place on 6th June 2015 at IWMI headquarters in Battaramulla.
- Half empty or half full?
Map shows groundwater irrigation potential in Africa.
- IndianExpress: Gujarat farmer earns Rs 5 per unit for selling solar power produced in his farm
Raman Parmar was handed over a cheque of Rs 7500 for the 1500 units of surplus power that was produced in his farm.
- FAO gives new lease of life to villagers in Killinochchi and Mullaitivu
The new emphasis on water security is paying dividends.
- Payday for India’s first ever “sunshine farmer”
Scheme could protect water reserves, boost incomes and guard against climate change.
- SLWP celebrates World Environment Day with tree planting campaigns
The Sri Lanka Water Partnership (SLWP) celebrated World Environment Day 2015 on Friday 5 June with a tree planting ceremony at the Biodiversity Study Park.
- Thehindu.com: Move to notify EGREE region as Ramsar site hangs fire
A proposal to notify the East Godavari Riverine Estuarine Ecosystem (EGREE), a wetland mosaic landscape consisting of 44 high-impacting fishing villages encompassing the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary, as a Ramsar site…
- Reversing the clock
Ethiopian communities attempt to save biodiversity and livelihoods.
- IWMI to host junior quiz to mark World Environment Day 2015
The program aims at promoting awareness among schoolchildren, of the importance of water and the environment for sustaining life.