- Maps aid Sri Lankan flood relief
Images show extent of inundation in real time
- Farming to type
A new way of categorizing farms can lead to improved sustainability.
- AsianScientist.com: The Drone Buzz Over Sri Lankan Farms
With a near infrared sensor on board, the eBee can help us or farmers identify stress in a crop ten days before it actually shows up physically
- Can Sri Lanka be a zero emissions economy? The view from Down Under…
An interview with Dr. Stephen Bygrave who is the CEO of Beyond Zero Emissions visiting Sri Lanka to speak at the forum on Combating Climate Change in Sri Lanka.
- SciDev.net: The drone buzz over Sri Lankan farms
With a near infrared sensor on board, the eBee can help us or farmers identify stress in a crop 10 days before it actually shows up physically
- Open letter to the heads of state attending the 70th UN General Assembly, September 2015, New York
Co-advancement of Agricultural and Natural Resource Management within the SDGs
- Dealing with the Dry Zone
Improving water management in Myanmar
- Tending fields by text
Mobile phones and satellite imaging are transforming farming in Sudan.
- This year’s model?
Computer models of the world’s water systems need some new thinking
- Inquisitr.com: These Man-Made Structures Lead To Millions Of Malaria Cases In Africa — What Now?
It claims that almost two-thirds of the dams in the region are located in areas that are prone to malaria.
- CNN.com: Can dams increase the risk of malaria?
Dams are important drivers of economic growth in Africa, but their construction has not been free of controversy.
- ScienceDaily.com: African dams linked to over one million malaria cases annually
New study urges future dam projects to consider better disease control measures