- Winners all the way
Two IWMI inspired entrepreneurs recently won awards for their product at the awards ceremony of Techno Sri Lanka 2015.
- Migration Matters
The link between water management and labor movement in South Asia
- Nation.com.pk: Water experts, economists stress need of converting water resources into a competitive advantage
Water Experts and Economists have emphasized the need of converting the water resources of Pakistan into a competitive advantage for the national economy for growth, employment generation, rural poverty alleviation…
- World Toilet Day
From pit to product: how to deal with untreated toilet waste
- Mapping floods in South East Asia
Online tool expands to cover Mekong Basin.
- TheHindu.com: Pond comes to the rescue of farmers
Four blocks out of six in Rampur district are “dark zones,” which means there is overexploitation of groundwater.
- IWMI at the INWEPF Symposium 2015
The 12th Steering meeting and INWEPF Symposium 2015 was held in Negombo, Sri Lanka on November 3-5.
- TropiLakes: views and opinions
The event included field visits to IWMI research sites under the LIVES project in Koga and ILSSI project Robit in the Amhara region of Northern Ethiopia.
- Veg and the City
How urban farming can save water and feed millions.
- ‘Gender, Agricultural Water and Big Data’ on the table
Some 30 attendees from 20 countries in Africa, South Asia, Europe, USA and South America discussed gender, water and data issues from a specific agricultural water management angle.
- Press Release: Ganga floodwater to be stored underground
A new initiative launched in Uttar Pradesh could revolutionize flood management while at the same time boost groundwater stocks for dry season irrigation.
- Cooperation may trump conflict on Central Asia’s Rivers
New database reveals large numbers of sub-basin scale agreements