News & Updates
Progress Report 1 (10 March 2005)
The following activities were undertaken
by KRDT in February and early March 2005 in relation to the recovery
of fisheries livelihoods in Kalametiya:
- Coordinating and liaising with other
groups working in the Kalametiya area.
- Holding Focus Group Discussions (FGDs)
in the village with relevant groups linked to the
- Facilitating the establishment of different
fisheries interest groups in the project area and setting up a
Tsunami Rehabilitation Committee.
- Placing orders for replacing fishing
gear and boats that were destroyed by the tsunami for the area
covered under the project.
- Distribution of fishing nets.
- Repair of a multi-day boat engine (2
cylinder HP 30) in project area.
- Replacement of boat repairers took
- Launching the KRDT website.
Full Progess Report (pdf 547kb)
|Distribution of fishing nets
||Focus group discussions with fishermen